Les actus

Pétition pour une légion d'honneur méritée

Le sauvetage dramatique d'Elisabeth Revol au Nanga Parbat a donné lieu à un geste extraordinaire de solidarité de l'équipe des polonais tentant non loin la première hivernale K2. C'est grâce à celui-ci qu'elle a pu être sauvée. Pour souligner cet engagement et ce geste remarquable, une pétition a été lancée par Piotr Packowski, pour que celui-ci soit récompensé par une marque d'estime nationale de la part de la France.

A titre informatif, voici le courrier du chef de l'expédition polonaise au K2, membre du GHM, à propos de ce sauvetage:


On 27/01/2018, around 13:30 from the K2 base in Pakistan, two EC350 helicopters picked up the Rescue Team: Jaros?aw Botor (team leader) Denis Urubko, Adam Bielecki, and Piotr Tomala. The necessary equipment was also taken, selected according to different variants rescue possibilities on Nanga Parbat: camping equipment, 8 oxygen cylinders, expanded medical equipment, Gamow bag, food and gas for six people during four days, climbing equipment. The rescuers were transported to Skardu with a stopover at the military base in Payu for refuelling.
In Payu, the possibility of performing the search flight of Elizabeth Revol and Tomasz Mackiewicz near the third camp on Nanga Parbat (approx. 6500 m. metres) to pick up casualties using Winching up techniques was discussed with the pilots. Initially, the pilots expressed their willingness and consent, and in Skardu, technicians assemble a rope clip to one of the helicopters.
About 15:40. The team fully equipped with climbing equipment, helmets, down suits and personal climbing equipment starts from Skardu towards the base near Nanga Parbat with a stop at a military base for refuelling.
Arriving around 17:00 near the Nanga Parbat massif they find the base camp from the air, and attempt to land and drop the Team and their rescue equipment in the first camp at an altitude of about 4,900 metres.
After several unsuccessful attempts, one person was dropped from each helicopter with part of the equipment in the base camp and after about 20 minutes and four approaches, four rescuers and their equipment were dropped in the first camp of Nanga Parbat.
Helicopters took off and did not return, which means that it will not be possible to use winch up techniques as it was far too late.
Around 17:30, two of the best-acclimatised alpinists, Denis Urubko and Adam Bielecki, started climbing following the Kinshofer route.
They were climbing light, carrying one oxygen cylinder, two first-aid kits, a ground sheet, a half rope, 50 meters of 5mm rope, a gas canister, six ice screws and personal climbing equipment. Meanwhile, Piotr Tomala and Jarek Botor were setting up a camp I.
The two parties maintained permanent radio and satellite contact with the K2 bas camp and the coordinating team in Poland: Janusz Majer, Robert Szymczak. At night, the team at camp I received information that Elizabeth Revol was getting down towards camp II on the Kinshofer route.
Around 2:00 am from (28/01), Denis Urubko and Adam Bielecki, after climbing 1,100 m in altitude, established a voice contact with Revol, slightly above camp II at about 6100 metres. Rescuers immediately proceed to help Revol: they secured a life system camping bivouac, applied medical help following the PHZ guidelines, and provided her with warm fluids.
Elizabeth Revol's hands and left foot were frostbitten. Then, responding to Adam Bielecki's questions she described the state of Tomasz Mackiewicz.
After leaving the summit, she left Tomek protected in a sleeping bag in a crevasse (tent?) at an altitude of about 7280 metres. He had deep frostbites: hands, legs, face, he was disorientated in time and space, snow blind and could not move on his own, there was no contact with him anymore.
After discussing this information by radio and telephone, the rescue Team decided not to try to reach Tomasz Mackiewicz and focus on saving Elizabeth Revol's health and life.
In connection with the above, the team decided to bivouac in camp II (the Eagle's nest). After a four-hour bivouac in very difficult conditions, strong wind, temp. -35C, the rescue team started lowering Revol down the Kinshofer route belaying her continuously and directly to the base of the route at approx. 5000 meters.
She walked the rest of the way to camp I by herself.
In the meantime, the support team in camp I, reporting on the situation on an ongoing basis, arranged with Krzysztof Wielicki the time of arrival of rescue helicopters at 12:00, secured the equipment and prepared for the rapid evacuation of rescuers and the injured Revol from camp I. Helicopters flew in at around 13:00. They took Piotr Tomala, Jarek Botor and all their equipment out of camp one and dropped them in the Nanga Parbat main base camp at 4000m. Then, after thirty minutes of waiting, at around 1:30 pm they took out from camp I, Elizabeth Revol, Denis Urubko and Adam Bielecki.
After re-loading the helicopters in the Nanga Parbat main base camp, picking up Piotr Tomala, Jarek Botor and all the equipment, Askari Aviation helicopters transported the victim and rescuers to a military base 20 minutes away where Elizabeth Revol was handed over to a military helicopter team transporting to a hospital in Islamabad.
The team of rescuers was transported to Skardu at around 4:00 pm and the rescue operation ended after a total of 28 hours.
Head of the Rescue Team
Jaros?aw Botor
Post Scriptum
Thanking my colleagues for the efficient rescue operation, I would also like to thank the Attaché of the Polish Embassy in Pakistan, Zbigniew Wyszomirski for the coordination of all helicopter actions, and full availability during the rescue.
We also thank the pilots of the Pakistani army who, in difficult conditions, did their job well.
National Winter K2 Expedition leader
Krzysztof Wielicki


Signez la pétition !!

Cliquer ici pour accéder au lien de l'actu.

Actu proposée par Piotr PACKOWSKI

Mise en ligne le lundi 19 février 2018 à 14:16:21

Ces actus peuvent vous intéresser

  • Début
  • Précédent
  • Suivant
  • Fin